Who We Are
Recognized by the International Economic Development Council, The Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance (HREDA) is one of 46 Accredited Economic Development Organizations (AEDO) in the nation. Earning an AEDO accreditation informs clients and investors that we are superbly qualified to support a client’s business needs and effectively manage national and international marketing campaigns.
Representing 9 cities and 2 counties within the Commonwealth of Virginia's Hampton Roads region, HREDA highlights the unique assets of our 11 localities while emphasizing the collective strengths of the region.
The mission of the Alliance is to market Hampton Roads as the primary region of choice for economic investment and business expansion and to serve as the area’s lead regional economic development and marketing organization to recruit and encourage new and expanded business development and a talented business employment pool to locate in Hampton Roads. More specifically, the Alliance will in close collaboration with Investors:
- Identify and target national and international companies for recruitment to Hampton Roads;
- Aggressively market the competitive advantages of Hampton Roads to the world;
- Develop and promote a global image for Hampton Roads;
- Maintain a regional economic development information, research, and resource center;
- Help existing companies with their expansion needs when requested by the locality or the company; and
- Conduct needs assessments on regional economic development issues and support regional efforts that lead to a broad and diversified economic base.
The Alliance may take stands on regional business or public policy issues affecting economic development and shall advocate and educate its investors with sophisticated research and impact studies on these issues.