Become an Investor
Because of the support of our 11 localities and over 75 businesses, the Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance is able to promote the many advantages of a Hampton Roads' location to new business. As an investor, companies and organizations are involved in a variety of activities, including networking and collaborating with local business and government leaders to enhance the regional economy.
Why invest with HREDA?
- Opportunity to attend exclusive networking events with site selectors consultants, government officials and business leaders in the Hampton Roads community
- Exclusive access to robust research such as customized maps, demographics and market research, comparative studies and analytic research
- Enhance and impact economic growth in your region
- Engage with Think Leaders on local and regional issues impacting economic development
Business Leadership Council: $50,000 Minimum Investment
The Business Leadership Council is a high-level advisory group dedicated to enhancing the region’s global competitiveness and providing strategic guidance to the Alliance Board. Two members of the Council will be invited to serve as Ex Officio Alliance Board members.
- Opportunity for election or designation as an Ex Officio seat on Alliance Board of Directors
- Priority consideration for election to Alliance Executive Committee
- Designated seat on the Alliance Business Leadership Council
- Sponsorship recognition at all Alliance events
- Recognition in annual report sent to stakeholders
- Banner Ad Display promotion on Alliance website
- Invitation for five senior-level representatives to attend exclusive Alliance events
- All Brand Partner, RED TEAM, Corporate Council and Small Business benefits
BRAND PARTNER: $25,000 - $49,999
Brand Partners automatically participate in and provide strategic input and guidance to the Brand Identity Committee and are eligible for election to the Alliance Executive Committee.
- Opportunity for election onto the Executive Committee
- Opportunity to serve as a primary host for visiting prospects and site selectors
- Sponsorship recognition at all quarterly investor update events
- Logo Display on Alliance website
- Partner Co-Branding on National and global recognition
- Invitation to participate in executive leadership missions
- Invitation for four senior-level representatives to attend exclusive Alliance events
- All RED TEAM, Corporate Council and Small Business benefits
PRIVATE SECTOR RED TEAM MEMBER: $15,000 - $24,999
The RED TEAM functions as an advisory group to senior management and provides oversight, guidance and input into the marketing and business development strategy. In addition to their regular benefits, private sector RED Team investors may designate a full-time professional engaged in economic development to serve as a private sector member of the RED Team.
- Private sector seat on the RED Team for the investor’s full time economic development professional liaison
- Sponsorship recognition at two investor update events
- Directory profile on Alliance website
- One annual Business Development briefing or site tour at company office by the Alliance Business Development Team
- Invitation for three senior-level representatives to attend exclusive Alliance events
- All Corporate Council and Small Business Benefits
CORPORATE COUNCIL: $10,000 - $14,999
The Corporate Council is the principal investment tier for companies not qualifying as a small business in their respective sector.
- Secondary Host for corporate relocation and site selector visits
- Sponsorship recognition at one investor update event annually
- Opportunity to host board meetings and investor updates
- Directory link on Alliance website
- Private invitation for investor and guest to Holiday Reception/Dinner
- Invitation for two senior-level representatives to attend exclusive Alliance events
- All Small Business Benefits
SMALL BUSINESS* (including Non-Profit Partners): $5,000 - $9,999
Private companies or non-profit organizations may invest in the Alliance at the Small Business investor level.
- Nomination consideration for election to the Alliance Board of Directors
- Nomination consideration for election to the Alliance Officers
- Opportunity for appointment onto standing committees and task forces
- Directory listing on Alliance website
- Invitation for one senior-level representatives to attend exclusive Alliance events
- Networking and collaboration with CEOs and public officials
- Monthly job creation and economic newsletter
*Small Business Investor Criteria is based on company size/revenue guidelines by industry sector established by the Alliance.